12.21.2008

Cookies

So, this weekend - since Daddy worked ALL weekend - the boy and I had a craft extravaganza. We played with play doh, colored, painted, painted mugs for grandma and grandpa for christmas, recorded special messages in those "record-a-message" hallmark cards for daddy and grandma and grandpa, and we baked and decorated cookies.


As you know, he will sit still and color for about 15 minutes (MAX), he will play with play doh a little bit longer than that, and he will paint a little bit longer than that.


Cookies...he decorated about 8 or 9 with me before he was done. He did a super great job and ate a handful of sprinkles for each handful he put on the cookies. I think he really enjoyed it...but the attention span just isn't there. He is so go go go - all the time. It was an exhausting project. In total we (I) baked and decorated about 3 dozen.





I packed up a plate full for an OWE party, and as I was putting the boy down for bed - daddy proceeded to eat a dozen of them. Yes, a dozen. Huge stars and teddy bears. A dozen. And I'm the one with weight issues. Grrr.


Good news though. We are on day number 3 without a pacifier ("ninny"). He lost the last remaining one. We couldn't find it anywhere. I promised him I would look for it Friday night while he was sleeping. He asked about it first thing Saturday. I told him I couldn't find it. He asked again at naptime, same response. Then again at bedtime Saturday night and Sunday morning and Sunday naptime. Same. He's handling this really well. I'm concerned that he will "find" one at the sitters tomorrow and we will have to start over again. But, in the meantime, I'm enjoying that he is such a big boy and seems quite able to sleep and get thru the day without the damn thing.

1 comment:

Brent said...

I can see why Daddy ate a whole dozen. I had one at the OWE party and it was pretty darned good. :)