12.29.2008

10 days & Holidays

I'm so proud of my big boy. This is his 10th day ninny-free. He did ask me about it Saturday night. Told me that he "needed" it. I promised him that I would look for it again.

Last night as he was winding down watching a little Curious George before bedtime, he was laying with his head on my lap (gosh, I just love that) and was sucking his fingers. Hmmm. Hopefully this is not his new "ninny". I can't take fingers away. Or lose them. Well, you know what I mean.

Christmas was a huge hit. He tore into the presents! He liked to stop occassionally to play with new toys (after daddy took them out of the box), but would dive right back into tearing. Grandpa had him distribute the gifts, which was really cute - he really is a good helper. With each one that was for him, he said in a surprised tone "this one's for me??" He did get 2 outfits from grandma and grandpa and after he opened the box and saw what it was he handed it to me and said "here mommy, these are for you". Gee thanks.

He got so much stuff from Grandma and Grandpa - I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with all of it. It's just insane. I have been pretty good about sorting thru his toys regularly, but it seems like he plays with most everything that we have now. I just don't know what to do. His playroom is STUFFED and our livingroom and diningroom are still cluttered. He has way to many ride-on toys, but I know they cost a fortune, so I feel terrible donating them. Maybe I will try and sell some of it on eBay or Craigslist?


The biggest hit was the train set! Daddy and I put it together on Christmas Eve Day and kept it from him until after he opened the gifts under the tree on Christmas morning. We asked if he wanted to see his "special surprise" in his playroom. Yes, of course. He was so thrilled when he saw the train set that he ran over to it, and before really playing with it asked (surprised) "this train set is for me?" Yes, of course. (that is what he is saying in the photo)
We spent so much time playing trains over the past few days! I will be glad when the holidays are over and we can have some kids over to play so I can take a break from playing trains for a while.
He does call the train set his "special purprise" - for some reason he can't or won't say surprise and says purprise instead. On the way to the sitter on Friday, he asked "does Pat (his sitter) have a special purprise for me too?"...um, no buddy, the special purprises are over for now.
Daddy got up early Christmas morning and baked homemade sticky buns. This is the first time in our 11 years together that he has baked...food...from scratch. They were absolutely delicious. He told me that this is a new tradition. What fun.
I am so very thankful for my wonderful husband and son and feel so lucky to have them in my life.

**Spacing issues...no idea why**

No comments: