3.02.2009

Hey, whassup?

Wow.  It's March already.  I posted two whole times in February.  Clearly, I am an overachiever.

So, a lot has happened...I bought a car.  A '09 Scion xB.  I absolutely love it.  I do think this car would still have been in my top 4 if we weren't working on a tight (unemployment) budget...I probably would have added a few extras though.  But, it's super de duper fun to drive.  I love the way it looks.  The boy loves it and tells me so everytime he rides in it.  It's just plain fun.  And I needed a little fun.  Photo of the boy in the car, saying cheese and chewing on his coat.  He started chewing on his coat when we "lost" the ninny's.  



My husband's last day was the 26th of February.  I am afraid and anxious about what our future holds.  My husband isn't the type to just sit around and collect unemployment.  He is meeting with an advisor next week to talk about furthering his education.  His brother has told him to plan on working with him every day until he says otherwise.  So, that's awesome.  As long as he is working steady with his brother, the financial shock of $452 minus taxes per week won't hurt so bad.  Plus, he's getting severance pay for the next 8 weeks, so we'll bank the money he earns with his brother.  Thank goodness.

I had a Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection in my lower back.  The procedure was completely painless and I have been pain free for 2 weeks.  It's amazing.  I am so used to living with this pain that I often find myself doing simple tasks, that used to cause pain, with the same delicate manuvering I was so used to.  I catch myself and then realize...Hey, this doesn't hurt!  I still have neck/shoulder pain, but it's manageable, and my visits with my massage therapist are helping!  It's stress...I carry stress in my shoulders and neck.  Always have.

The boy had the first ear infection of his life.  He was up nearly the entire night - the night of my back injection.  Thankfully my husband was "off", so he was able to stay up/comfort him since I was not supposed to lift more than 5 lbs for 12 hours.  I stayed home from work the next day and snuggled him back to health.  

About 2 days later, I ended up with the crud.  And then a couple days after that my husband got it.  We have been a sick germy household for 2 weeks.

This is the first time any of us have been sick all season.  It was a real bummer.  

We're as busy as can be at work.  I'm putting in some OT, and I sorta dig it.  It's job security.  And now that my husband isn't working that stupid schedule, I can actually put in extra hours if need be.  I always felt guilty for not being able to stay late on any given day.  Plus, the OT $ will come in handy.

The boy is potty trained.  We put sleep underpants (a pull-up) on at nap time and night time.  He is often dry after his nap, but still wets quite a bit at night.  I presume the nighttime thing will just work itself out.  During the day he is in underpants and always tells us (or whoever is "watching" him) that he has to go potty.  He likes to stand up and pee and often steps up on his stool and pee's without any supervision.  We haven't had any pee accidents since about the first 3 or 4 days and haven't had a poop accident in at least a month.  

I started back to the gym again after 2 weeks of the crud.  And now that I don't have to deal with my husbands stupid schedule, I can go every night if I want.  And...I think I want to, which is very exciting.  I still dream of running, and now that my back doesn't hurt, the only hurdle left is the fear of image.  I will get over it.  I so want to lose this weight.  I don't know this fat chic.

We're settling into a family routine which is really nice.  I quite like this new gig.  Being a family.

No comments: