1.01.2011

A year in review

Well, I guess it's an annual thing now, plus I really want to try and blog more than 5 times this year, so here goes...our year, twentyten:

My boy turned 4
I turned 40
My husband turned 41

I got a 5% raise
Husband is still collecting unemployment, despite 2 stupid roadblocks by the repugs
Have received many compliments regarding my work and have been invited to sit down in my bosses office (very unusual)

Went to North Myrtle Beach
In the summer
Wore a bathing suit in front of people
In 100 degree weather
Watched my bff get married for the 2nd time

Was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
Started taking Cymbalta
Have no neck pain, little back pain, no GI issues, no headaches, no painful skin, few mood swings, the list goes on
I feel great
I feel like a WHOLE new person

Husband is an Honors Student, loves Math and building Digital Circuits
He is enrolled at UT for Grad School
Hopeful employment will come quickly after graduation in the spring
His Professors at Owens continuously ask him if he is going to TEACH after graduation

My mom suffered chest pains and it was determined it was not her heart but the worthless Gall Bladder
My dad suffered halucinations, uncoordination, uncontrolled out of body experiences and it was determined it was his sugar pills (diabetes) and dehydration (from having the flu). Medicine has been adjusted and he is feeling great.
My boy had croup a couple times, but his Ped has assured me it is not asthma and he will grow out of it

I did not renew my membership to Lifestyles for several reasons
I found it an absolute pain in the ass to get there
I think the facility is filthy
I hate the fact that overweight girls work there and eat at the front desk
I decided to start walking in the morning and then took a stab at jogging
I wasn't very good at jogging, and never really jogged further than a mile
The mornings got too dark and since that was my only real time to do it, I gave up
I will exercise again
Someday

My husband and I celebrated 11 years of marriage
We had some deep heart to heart conversations and are closer than we have ever been
He is truly the love of my life

My boy moved from the Preschool to the Pre-K room
He is very smart and easily bored with school
He aced both 2010 skills assessment tests

We are in the process of remodeling our upstairs bathroom
The tub enclosure was ripped out and a claw foot tub was installed
Floor is partially tiled and wall surrounding tub is tiled
Walls are painted

I know there's more, but I have been fooling around with this thing off and on for a month, so I'm finished.

What awaits us in 2011....

No comments: