5.06.2011

Smile!

I got my new front tooth on April 11th.

Dr. Hottie removed my old crown and placed a temporary crown on for about 3 weeks while the final product was being made. He trimmed my gums to make my smile less gummy. He was originally going to only trim the gum above my old crown since it clearly didn't match up with the gum on the other side. While he was doing this, he said "how about I just trim the gums around your front 6 teeth and we'll make that smile less gummy". With all of the dental tools in my mouth, I said "mmm hmmm".

Healing the gums took only a couple days and hurt very little. The difference is pretty fantastic. I'm not embarrassed of my smile any more.




I don't "love" the new crown, it's still a bit big and definitely looks like a crown, but the shape and size are so much better. Down the road I plan to have a veneer put over the other front tooth to make them look the same, and I would also like to have invisalign to straighten up that one little crooked tooth and space my teeth out a little better. I also think I need to have the bottom gums trimmed.

All in all...so pleased. And Dr. Hottie is, well, hot. Can't beat that.

No comments: