5.05.2009

Ramble On


As I was sitting on my office buildings City Room deck during my lunch break, I was thinking about some of the things that I love these days:

*The current weather.  Rain or shine...60s and low 70s are just my style.

*Neurontin.

*That my new company offers tuition assistance.

*That when my son gets a boo-boo, only "I" will do.

*"It Sucked and Then I Cried", by Heather Armstrong.  So much of it seems so familiar.  I'm not sure I needed to be admitted to a mental hospital, but I guess we will never know.  (and thanks Steve for getting me a signed copy)

*That my husband is home EVERY night and EVERY weekend.  At last.

*That my new company dress code is a little more business casual and less slob.

*That my son corrects me when I call a piece of construction equipment by the wrong name.

*My new tattoo, especially after the touch up and added magenta heart.

*That I feel OK about having to take my check card out of my wallet in order to make our new budget work.

*The 75% off ($6) leather and suede flats I bought at Target to replace the $100 fsny flats that fell apart from too much love.

*That I feel good about cutting carbs and caffeine.

*That my husband agreed to do a "family only" 3rd Birthday Party for the boy.

*My Scion xB.

*My flower beds/yard/pots.

*That my best friend of 35+ years found a "nice guy" who treats her well and makes her happy.  I won't mention that I tried to hook them up 15+ years ago.

*The Toledo Zoo, Metroparks and 'Hood adventure walks with the boy.

*That the parts of my job I dislike most will no longer be my responsibility.

*The sound of my son's laughter, even if he does occassionally sound possessed.  That's part of his charm.


No comments: