11.20.2008

The $130 Answer

I realized yesterday that the reason I can't make WW work for me is because I can't even force myself to journal. As an x-lifetimer, I know - oh so well - what the tools are and how they work. I know what things you HAVE TO do in order to succeed with WW. I weigh in and attend the meetings weekly. That's really the only tool I use. I don't weigh or measure my food. I try to calculate my points in my head. I don't ever journal. I rarely drink all the recommended water. Etc. I do, however, only bring 10-12 points worth of food to work with me every day, so daytime is no problem. Dinnertime is not usually a problem...it's after the boy goes to bed where I get into trouble. Munch, munch, munch.

On the way to my meeting yesterday, I thought "Hey, I wonder if I can use e-tools (which is FREE with my monthly pass membership) on my BlackBerry?" I sat thru the meeting, drove thru McDonald's for my Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with LF dressing, and headed back to work. I looked online. Sure as shit...mobile e-tools. So, I logged in via my BlackBerry and immediately started journaling. I journaled every bite I took yesterday. Turns out I used 6 of my flex-points without even a second thought. Hmm. This, too, could be why I can't lose any weight.

I joined WW 13 weeks ago. At approximately $10 per meeting, I have spent $130 to come to this conclusion. I have also spent $130 to lose 3.8 lbs. Sometimes, I am just plain dumb.

So, onward and upward. I've journaled everything today, it's easy as pie. That CrackBerry is in my hands or in my pocket during all waking hours, so if I can't make a mobile journal work, I should just throw in the towel. I have a renewed sense of excitement for WW. I'm ready to do this. I have 24 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Sad but true. My goal is to have that off by my birthday. Completely doable. I'd like to try to get another 20-ish off by the boy's 3rd birthday. Whew.

I'm going to the gym on hubby's "off" days, and as soon as he goes back on day shift, I will be able to go more frequently. Realistically, I can bring the boy with me since I paid extra for the Kids Klub, but after he had that meltdown (6 months ago?), I just haven't had the heart to bring him back.



I have been searching for a couple long sleeve, feather weight, layering tees with exaggerated long sleeves for months now. You know, the kind that come half way down your hand (or longer)...I love it! I did run into one by Splendid, but opted not to spend $58 on a t-shirt. At least, not until I lose the weight. I popped into H&M (always a fave for disposable clothing) to see if I could find something for family photos on Saturday. Not only did I find something for photos...I found the exact long (exaggerated) sleeve tees that have been consuming my [clothing] thoughts for months. And at $12.50 each, I bought 3. I would have bought more, but they only had 3 larges. I'm wearing the purple one today and l-o-v-e it. Yippee!!!

I have been suffering from back pain for evah. We're getting a new matteress for Christmas, so hopefully that will help. I'm searching for a chiropractor downtown who I can visit during my lunch break. And I just bought some Turmeric (herbal supplement)...the lady at Claudia's assures me it will work. I also bought some detox tea...just for shits and giggles.

I just found out that a friend's husband passed away on Sunday. This is a high school friend who I have recently connected with via Facebook. He battled colon cancer for 2 years. They have 3 little kids. I am so very sad for her. Life is too short and you just never know when someone you love will be taken from you. Cherish those you love.




2 comments:

Katie said...

I swear the on-line tools are THE thing that have helped me make it as far as I have this time (40 lbs and counting). Being able to journal and look up foods on the computer is huge since my butt is in front of one 80% of each day. I haven't tried the mobil tools yet but eTools have made all the difference!

m2z said...

I never ever use etools. I am online all day long every day and couldn't bring myself to ever journal online or on paper. So far I'm doing gread with the mobile tools...thank goodness.

Congrats on the 40! That rocks! That's a far cry from my whopping 3.8!!!!