11.09.2008

Harmless toys?

This thing. This Polaris Ranger RZR caused us to spend over an hour this morning at Toys R Us. Why did I take him to Toys R Us, you ask? Well, because we were in the mall parking lot at 10:30am...and, damnit, they don't open until 11am! So, I looked around for something to do...and spotted Toys R Us. I thought it might be fun. It was...at first. We did the typical thing...up and down the aisles...the boy tells me he "needs to see [such and such]", so I get it for him, he plays with it for a few minutes and decides he "needs to see" something else.

We turned the aisle and came upon this thing. "Lemme out, mommy, lemme out, I need to drive it" he exclaimed. Harmless I thought. 30 minutes later, he is still "driving" it. I tried everything to get him to move. This thing retails for $599. Needless to say, I don't think he is getting this for Christmas. I finally convinced him to head up front for a ride on the plane.

On our way up front, he spotted a train table/set. We played with that for another 15 minutes or so. We had planned to get him one for Christmas, so I'm glad he liked it as much as he did.

Damn the mall for opening late on Sundays.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maxie has the Jeep Wranger. I DID see the Cadillac Escalade at Costco this weekend for $299. Still pricey, but not like the one you saw!! And way pimpier.

Brent said...

OOH, is the train the wooden ones that virtually every toy store has set up? I loved, loved, loved that as a kid, but never got it. Yeah, boo hoo for me.