1.21.2009

Pride & Eloquence

WOW! What a day!

Yesterday was really something special, and something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Barack Obama, the first black President.

Do I really care so much that he is the first black President? Well, sorta. Do I care that he is a Democrat and that we finally have control back? YES! Do I believe he, and his staff, will do everything they can to fix America and that he is the right man for the job? YES! YES! YES!

I feel a new sense of hope. A new sense of pride. A new sense of accomplishment. A new sense of desire. Desire to be better. Desire to be a better person / wife / mother / daughter / friend / employee / neighbor.

It's refreshing to have an eloquent President. To be able to comprehend his words. To be INTERESTED in his words. To smile when he speaks. To cry when he speaks. To feel proud when he speaks. To feel compassion in his words. To feel urgency in his words. To feel desire in his words.

I hope this man inspires others (and you know who you are) to be better. To do better. To have pride. To have hope. To have desire. To strive to accomplish.

I'm excited to see what each new day / month / year brings.

And, his smile. It's infectious.

No comments: