1.19.2009

snippet

Daddy worked yesterday, so it was just me and the boy. The hilarious little guy that he is...

*****

Boy: "Mommy, do you have feet?"

Mommy: "Yes, of course I have feet. Don't you?"

Boy: "Nope, I don't not got feet anymore"

Mommy: "You don't? Where did they go?"

Boy: "They got smashed by a MONSTER truck!"

*****

(mommy peeing)

Boy: "You pee'd mommy?"

Mommy: "Yep, I sure did!"

Boy: [hug] "I'm so proud of you! You are such a big girl!"

*****

(boy ON dining room table, eating lunch)

Mommy: "Please get off the table and eat your lunch sitting in your chair!"

Boy: "I can't! My back hurts!"

(think he's heard that a few times?)

*****

New words (pronounced perfectly, I might add): Constantinople and Timbuktu, thanks to Dr. Seuss' "Hop on Pop"

*****

Boy: [lick] "Hi Mommy, I'm your new doggy!"

Mommy: "Yuck! I thought you were my big boy, not my doggy"

Boy: [twirling around] "I'm a cook-a-roo!"

*****

(on potty)

Boy: "I pooped! I did a super great job!"

Mommy: "Yep! You sure did!"

Boy: "Wanna look at it mommy?"

Mommy: "No thanks sweetie, I heard it plop"

Boy: "Me too! It PLOPPED loud!"

*****

He never ceases to amaze me, and can always make me crack up. As exhausting as it is to solo parent, and doubly exhausting with a bad back, he still brightens my every day.

No comments: