7.28.2008

Decisions. Decisions.



Ya know. It's strange. That whole decision making process. In my mind I really wanted the plum patent leather tote. It was big...big enough for a mom-of-a-toddler, a great color, and well...patent leather. Just totally fun and funky.

So, I lurked around the Coach store today during my lunch. They didn't have the large tote in Plum but they had it in that awful jacquard fabric. So, I tried it on, wore it around, looked in all the different mirrors while wearing it. I DIDN'T like it, and I'll tell you why.

First, let me start with...it IS super cute, so it did have that going for it. But, the handles are hard and stiff. They were uncomfortable on my shoulder. And that was with wads of tissue paper in the bag. Imagine how uncomfortable it would be with all of my stuff, a sippy cup, some diapers and wipes, a couple trucks, etc. Horrible. AND, it has a zipper, but the zipper doesn't go from end to end. It sort of starts about 3-4 inches in, and comes completely apart (think: jacket zipper). Who in their right mind is going to take the time to actually put 2 zipper parts together in order to zip up their handbag? Certainly not this mother. And it's really huge, so keeping it open all the time just doesn't seem safe.

So, then I spotted the cutie above. They call the color "berry", but it's really sort of purple. I would call it amethest. Which, hello, is my birthstone. It's the Hamptons Large Leather Hobo. And it's really pretty. And big. And sort of simple. And a little more classy. They didn't have it in stock (it's new for August) so they are shipping it to me and I should have it on Wed.

So, here's my question for Coach. And maybe I just because mine fell apart, but, how can a larger-leather bag cost less than a smaller-jacquard-fabric (key word: fabric) bag? Weird. Very weird.

4 comments:

Brent said...

Hamptons Large Leather Hobo? Seriously?

m2z said...

Yes. Hamptons Large Leather Hobo. Whatstheproblem?

Brent said...

When I think Hamptons Large Leather Hobo I get a mental image of some a 'bear' in khakis and leather garb sitting on the beach asking people for loose change.

m2z said...

Oh, dear. I do realize that what with your nickname "hobo" that you would imagine some poor schumck - in pants that have lost a button and are therefore kept up using a string - asking for change. But, a hobo handbag is simply a slouchy bag that resembles the bag that hobos tied to and carried from a stick.

This one happens to be purple leather and costs $350! HA!

When are we getting together, btw?