7.31.2008

Dear Mirena

One week ago today you were expunged from my uterus. I was overcome with instant relief. Finally, I can get on with my life. I will be human again. I will be normal(ish) again.

These are the things I have noticed in the past week:

*Bloating? Gone.

*Headaches? After 2 days, gone.

*Cramping? After 2 days, gone.

*Sleeplessness? Haven't used an aid in 4 days.

*Depression? Gone.

*Dizzy spells? Gone.

*Extreme abdominal pain when laying down? Gone.

*Backaches? Less severe. (A back injury 15+ years ago will prevent this from ever going away)

*Sex drive? It's baaaack.

*Flying off the handle over stupid shit? Gone.

*Energy? Have some.

*Extreme hunger? Eatin' normal.

*Losing weight? Yep.

*The "Crazies"? Dwindling.

And this is only after 1 week. I haven't worn my contacts yet to see if I can see out of them, but I will. There have been a couple minor issues, but I am hopeful that they are part of the "withdrawal symptoms".

I do feel 90% better. And I do feel human. And I do feel like life can be good again.

Thanks Dr. G, for not trying to talk me out of this. And thanks for telling me you had removed 2 other Monsters that week. It's comforting to know that I am not the only patient of yours who lost her friggin mind while being attacked by that horrible Monster.

So long Mirena/Monster. You cost me a ridiculous amount of money, but I would pay anything for my sanity and life back. Hasta La Vista.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came across your mirena post. I am looking for more info because I think I want mine out. I have gained 25 pounds and I exercise 3-4 times a week. My skin sucks and I am an esthetician!!!! with everything I know about skin I know it's the hormones. I have NEVER had skin problems. I am depressed but I have blamed that on the weight gain and a terrible loss almost a year ago.

You post was a week or so after you had it taken out.... I was wondering how things kept progressing for you??

Thank you,

mia.scalisi@gmail.com

A girl with wishes said...

oh my goodness! i had mirena put in two months ago...and i thought i was losing my mind!
i have NO sex drive...i typically do.
i have literally lost my shit over the stupidest little things..while i typically have a temper, it's been in check up until the mirena insertion.
i can remember nothing. nothing. nothing. i cant even set reminders i'm so forgetful.
the only positive? no periods at all.
i do have a question for you: how painful was removal?
the insertion for me was HORRIBLE for about 15 seconds and then i was fine (save for the cramping) and i really dont want to re-live that pain again!

Axes and aprons said...

I've had my Mirena in since 2005. Yea...that's a long time. Nothing horrible until the last 3or so years. I feel like a crazy person. Anxious, sleepless, alternates with depression and fatigue. Forgetfulness. Weight gain and trouble losing it! Even increased aggression. I am beast ready to pounce over every little thing. Crazy irregular periods, complete with emotional meltdowns. My husband actually put the two together and we started looking for more info...low and behold...countless accounts of people's problems with the Mirena!! They were all telling my story!!! Over and over. I have made an appt to get it removed and it can't come soon enough. I am so hopeful that I can return to the old me...or at least mostly return. Lol