7.06.2008

Nekked in the 'hood

As I sit here with Garnier #401 soaking up the gray on my head, I'm reminiscing about our weekend. The weather was decent-ish and the boy was pretty decent-ish too. I did spend a lot of time alone (w/the boy), which is very old, lonely, and frustrating but it wasn't terrible. We spent a lot of time outside. The usual...in the pool, in the sandbox, and walking the 'hood. On Friday he got a hold of the hose and spent a good part of the afternoon tormenting Daddy and I with it. I was soaked. And I didn't care. I didn't have anywhere to go, noone to see, no reason to get all wigged out about getting all wet and sloppy. He did love when we got the hose away and sprayed him too...but he loved to be in control of it. There was a lot of "Come on Mommy, wanna get wet" and "Come here Mommy". It was fun. I wonder, though, how I ended up with a control freak for a child.

On Saturday, he wanted to play in the pool...in his birthday suit. I had cleaned out an empty mustard bottle for use in his play kitchen, but it made it's way outside and into the pool. He had great fun throwing mustard bottles of water on me as you can tell from the photo. I got him a couple times too.

Grandma and Grandpa arrived for a visit early Saturday afternoon to see their grandson playing outside in his birthday suit. They were a little shocked, but thought it was hilarious, nonetheless. He came running down the driveway to greet them...and then wanted to play in the front yard, sidewalk, etc...with his junk front and center. My son...the nudist. Grandma, the boy and I went to TJ Maxx for a couple Ralph Lauren Polo shirts (because honestly, where else can you get them for $10?) and then to the dollar store for some buck toys...including a new watch! Good times, good times.

Sunday was much of the same, only the boy spotted 3 little boys walking on the sidewalk (or rather, they spotted him and stopped), so we walked over to say hi. The boy was chatting them up, getting all their details. Twin boys who will be 3 in September and another boy who will be 4 in August. They were very shy and barely said a word, but when we invited them up to check out the sandbox they were all over it. They played for a few minutes while their Uncle and I chatted. The twins would ask things like "that?" as they held up a random toy. The uncle, boy or I would tell them what that was. They knew some words and talked a bit, but it was very hard to understand and they were very soft spoken. Meanwhile my child is instructing them what to do, how to do it and why they should do it - in full sentences.

Control freak and bossy? How did that happen? :)



No comments: