5.07.2008

Pennsylvania - Tell me where to go

I am trying to find a place to stay the night on the road since we are driving to NYC in July. Yes, I realize our trip is 2 months away. I’m a freak, ok. Sue me.

As much as loathe Pennsylvania (long story, speeding ticket 10 years ago), we will have to pick a place in that state to stay. I would like to make the most of it and find somewhere with activities for the Boy. It’s just 1 overnight, so we just need something to do in the evening or the following morning. We check in our place in NYC after 1pm.

I suppose even just a national park would be nice. Swingsets, jungle gym type stuff and someplace to run, run, run! There are some really cool looking places in Pennsylvania though, but I’m not sure if we should “go out of our way”. Like the Crayola Factory, the Choo Choo Barn (or one of the many other train related museums/activities) The Indian Echo Caverns, or Sesame Place. There are hands on kids museums too. We typically take 80 all the way into NYC, but one time took the 76 split near Cleveland and ended up going through Philly. It was a nice drive, a little less boring, with tunnels and cool stuff on our route, but the tolls were outrageous and it did add an extra 2 hours on to our drive. Do we really want to spend 2 more hours in the car with the Boy who will likely be over our trip after an hour or two?

Ack! What to do?

No comments: