8.05.2008

Customer Service = a lost cause?

You all know I buy a lot of stuff. I should probably look into being a "Secret Shopper". I am incredibly loyal to places who give good customer service. I like the tall dark haired girl at JJill. I love Meg, who used to own Scarpe, who moved to NYC, who I have become good friends with and actually got to hang out with when we were in NYC. I am really happy when I get to see the lady who works the Priority Mail desk at the post office. Just to name a few.

On with the story. I ordered a pair of shoes (surprise, surprise) from Zappos (surprise, surprise) on Friday. the J-41 Journey in Dark Gray.
Sooo cute. Sooo funky. Love them. I've been wearing a 9.5 since I had my son and since I discovered that most of my old shoes are snug. So, I ordered a 9.5. They're huge and floppy.

So, exchanges are done over the phone. Much as I dislike making phone calls, I picked up the phone and called Zappos Customer Service.

Ok. Hello Pleasant! Not only was the rep as nice as can be, without being sickening sweet, she processed my exchange and told me that the shoes would go out today and arrive tomorrow.

Wha - wha - wha - what?

You understand what just happened here, right? They are sending me another pair of shoes without charging me more money and before the other ones are returned.

She asked that I return the unwanted pair within 14 days. No problem honey. They're going out today. Free returns, of course.

I. LOVE. ZAPPOS.

No comments: