8.28.2008

Day 2

So, day #2 of WW. I have 2 points left for the day and it's 8:30pm. Pretty darn good. That makes up for the little slip yesterday. I'm not concerned with yesterday since we do get those 35 flex points to use throughout the week. It's no biggie. It was just an eye opener.

I can't settle for only working out 3 days a week (that's what works with my husbands work schedule), so I need to start bringing Z to the gym with me. They have the "kids klub" there...and I did pay extra for it. The last time I brought him there, he was having a great time running around and playing with all the toys and talking to the kids so I left to do my workout. I came back to find him hyperventilating / sobbing - eyes squeezed shut so tight - in the arms of one of the workers. My heart melted. She said "He was really missing you. I take it you are a stay at home mom?". Um...no. She was very surprised that he went to a sitter every day. So, my heart melted all the way out the door and I apologized to him all the way home, and never brought him back. That was 6 months ago. He's older. It should be ok, right? I guess it's worth a shot.

Is it possible that I feel like a totally different person...just 2 days into WW? I think it's a combination of things:

A. I actually found a meeting I could go to without having to worry about babysitters or whatever.
B. I've been eating good for 2 days and actually journalling.
C. I like the leader.
D. The Mirena is gone and I feel better and more normal every day.
E. Failure is not an option.

So, there you have it. 2 days...and I'm like a new person. I have a new lease on life, if you will.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Can I come over and eat all the bad food in your house so that it is not there to tempt you? Oh wait, you have D. Nevermind.

And no, it's not nuts to think you are already feeling better. When I go through my fast food/junk food stints, I always feel imediately better and have more energy when I switch back to whole unprocessed foods.