8.26.2008

Eating


So, just a quick post about eating. My son is a very good eater. He will try just about anything, but loves him some mac-n-cheese and hotdogs. He will eat an entire single serve mac-n-cheese packet and 1 or 2 hot dogs and a dozen grapes for lunch. Every day...if I let him. He's really good at using utensils, but prefers to eat mac with his hands. Whole handfuls...crammed into his mouth.

I don't so much worry about letting him eat mac-n-cheese or hotdogs, because he does love fruits and vegetables. Mushrooms and asparagus are his current favorite veggies. Yes. My 2 year old loves mushrooms! Basically, he will eat anything daddy and I eat...and thankfully we both like most all fruits and veggies. Oh, and he's a milk addict. (organic...I don't want him to have boobies)

Then there's me. I have been eating a lot of junk lately. I do think - although, I have not stepped on the scale - that I have lost a few lbs after I had the monster removed, but I am doing nothing to help speed up the process. I've been whining a lot about how I can't join WW and make it to a regular weekly meeting because of my husbands schedule. I can't possibly take the boy to a meeting, he wouldn't / couldn't sit for a half hour. Then...it dawned on me. Hey...I have a lunch hour. I wonder if there are any meetings during the work week during lunch. Durh. So, I found one in Perrysburg, which is only a 10 minute drive from my office. I'm very excited and anxious and nervous, but I'm joining tomorrow. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Katie said...

M hates the utensils, too, when it comes to pasta. And just before I read this she ate nearly a box of M&C with peas, one handful at a time so I laughed at how similar this post is to our daily life. Her little belly was so round when she went to bed.

Good luck with WW - I started again about 2 weeks ago and all is going well. My new employer is PAYING for it and we have 3(!) @work sessions over the lunch hour each week so I had no more excuses. It works, and now I have no reason not to get back on the wagon.

m2z said...

I would love it if we had an at work session. But, I only work with 5 other people, and none of them need to lose weight, so I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. Ha.

I'm excited to join. I was really bummed when I had to quit going in Jan 07 because Z was crawling all over the place and would not sit in my lap anymore.

I'm excited and anxious for today.