4.23.2008

if the shoe fits

Those of you who know me, know that I am a shoe addict. I admit it. I have a real problem. I thought that when my favorite shoe store downtown closed that I would be able to live day to day without purchasing shoes. Wrong.

Well, let me back up. When the store first closed, I think I was depressed, and I didn't buy any shoes. For a little while. And when the weather changed, I was looking for my favorite pair of ballet flats and when I found them I remembered that I need to replace them because they are trashed (from too much love).

I thought I would try to save some money and found a cute pair at Target. $14.99! Well, now I remember why I don't buy $14.99 shoes. Because they SUCK! They tore up my feet. I had a blister on each heel, and on the top of my foot near my pinky toe. Nice! And my feet and legs were so tired and achy after a day of wear.

So, to hell with those. I hopped on zappos...and found my favorite brand of flats (french sole [fs/ny] if you haven't tried them, and you love flats, you don't know what you are missing). They didn't have the black suede in my size or the black butter leather. Ack. So, on to endless.com. They have the black butter leather, in stock! I order the same size as my trashed pair.

They arrive in a day. Free shipping. They're a little snug! I think my feet have grown. I don't remember my trashed pair ever feeling snug? I wore them despite snugness. Now I can't exchange them. They are very comfortable, and despite being a little snug, they aren't tearing up my feet. My big toes just feel a bit squished. They'll stretch. They're butter leather.

Since I can't exchange them, I order ANOTHER pair (in silver, of course) in the next size. They should be here tomorrow!

Back to growing feet...I wore another one of my faves the other day and they were snug. They never used to be snug. I really do think my feet have grown. Along with my ass.

No comments: