4.29.2008

yes, YOU, in the red jeep

Ok, lady. You need to settle down. I can't help the fact that I am a more creative and experienced driver than you. I was, after all, trained to drive in Michigan. You are obviously an Ohio driver. I can understand your frustration...but that does not mean that you should ram up to my side and pinch me out, nor does it mean that you should slam on your breaks while I am flipping you off. It's not my fault that the Dog Warden was trying to get some stupid mangy mutt off the expressway and causing traffic to back up. Yes, I did ride in the exit lane until the last minute and then tried to merge into crawling traffic. But, I had my turn signal on. It should have been obvious that I was going to get over. No need to get bitchy. And, by the way, yes, I did indeed say "FU*K YOU" when I was flipping you off.

But then when the Dog Warden stopped backing up traffic, you sped off very quickly. I didn't see where you went. I don't know if you were running from me (you should), or if you were just in a hurry (like the rest of us) to get to your destination. If I would have seen where you went...I probably would have paid you a little visit.

On to more interesting things. Who knew that which CUP you use was so important? The Boy is very stubborn and is very frustrated that he isn't BIG. He wanted milk. I learned a few months ago that he has to help get the milk out and put it away, we don't ever have a problem there. And sometimes he likes to pick out his own cup, sometimes he doesn't care. Sometimes he doesn't mind a sippy, sometimes he insists upon having a real cup/glass. Well, tonight, NOTHING made him happy. He literally threw himself on the floor and cried ("No, I don't want it anymore!" and "Put it right back!") for 20 minutes! Seriously. He cried real tears. He was so upset he was coughing and choking. Finally, after 20 minutes, he said "Mommy, see me", so I went over to see him. He wanted me to hold him. We sat and watched Scooby Doo and then he said he wanted some milk (Damn you, milk [organic], why must you be so good?) Oh great...not this again. Not looking forward to what was around the corner, we went into the kitchen. He said he wanted the orange cup (a sippy). I got the cup, he got the milk. I poured the milk. He wanted to help put the lid on. He twisted it on (the wrong way - so it actually wasn't on at all), so I asked if I could help. He said "yeah". So, I twisted it on. "NOOOOO! I wanna do it!" Ok, so I untwisted it. He twisted it on...a little better this time...and I had to finish. Nope. He wasn't happy with that either. Then he spotted Daddy's Medieval Times cup on the counter. "Um, that one". I said, you want your milk in Daddy's cup? "Yeah! Uh huh!" Ok, so I asked if it was ok if I pour it from the orange cup to Daddy's cup. Again, "Yeah! Uh huh!". So, I did. And he was THRILLED. Drank up all of his milk. Didn't spill a drop. And then said "Thanks Mommy".

I guess it was worth it. :) Politeness gets you far.

And now...my cup...yeah, it has PBR in it. "Yeah! Uh huh! Pabst Blue Ribbon".

In closing: American Idol fans...why do you like David Archuletta? He bores me to tears and I do not think he has a good voice. Why do the judges like him? Is it because he is young? For me...it's Jason and David (Cook). All the way.

1 comment:

Brent said...

American Idol, is that even stil on?