4.27.2008

Temper Tantrums and Time Outs

Well...he didn't throw the biggest temper tantrum at the cookout! The biggest tt was reserved for another boy at the party. He was 3 years old! There were a lot of kids, and a lot of boys! It was nice to hang out with so many other families and see how their children interact with other children and how other parents handle temper tantrums. Pretty much how we do...ignore it. It will stop. And if it doesn't stop after a few minutes, remove the kid.

There was another little boy who was just about 10 days older than my Boy, and all this kid did was "grunt". No words. Just grunting. But, he had 2 older siblings, so maybe that's why. But, it always makes me smile when I see children the same age as my Boy who don't have his vocabulary. He IS brilliant, after all. :)

He did hit a little girl, and Baby Daddy asked him to stop and apologize. But the Boy wouldn't and then he hit Baby Daddy. He got a time out. At a party! He has to stop hitting. And he has to start listening. Period.

As for the Coach bag I was thinking about all weekend, I ended up not getting it. My $50 off gift certificate expired today too. And it's not good online. So, I guess I'm stuck with the one I have. And the other 57 handbags in my closet.

I'm wearing the silver ballet flats tomorrow...if it doesn't rain, that is.

No comments: