6.25.2008

Conversation with Amanda

"Can I help you".

'Um, yeah, I purchased this bag in October, and...well, you can see for yourself that it's falling apart".

{scrunched face} "Hmm. Sorry. We could send it in for repair."

"I've only had the bag for 8 months...doesn't seem like it should fall apart that quickly."

"Um, that's really just normal wear and tear."

"After 8 months? You're joking."

"Nope, it's pretty common. We could send it in for you to see if they can repair it. There's a $20 fee to send it in."

"Oh. Uh-uh, I won't be paying anything to send it in. That's ridiculous."

"Ok. Do you want to send it in?"

"Well. If they can't repair it...what are my options?"

"If they can't repair it they will return it to you."

"Are there any other options. Replacement? Discount off new bag?"

"Oh, um, yeah. They could call you when they determine if they can fix it or not and let you know what the options are."

"Ok. If they offer a discount...how much is that typically?"

"40%"

"You are telling me that they will offer me a 40% discount to replace a $400 bag I've had for 8 months? That's ridiculous."

"Well, that's what it usually is. They can tell you when they call."

"Ok. Send it in."

**I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Of course, it will take 4 to 6 weeks.**

8 comments:

Brent said...

This is why all my clothes are sale items, if they fall apart, no biggie.

m2z said...

are your handbags sale items too? i know you just paid full price for a tara hubbard messenger bag...

Brent said...

I guess you got me there, my manbag was indeed an expensive purchase, well for me at least. Usually if it's not $20 or less I'm not interested. Besides I'm way too messy of an eater to trust myself to have nice expensive clothing on.

To further prove just how cheap I am, Tara's manbag is now hanging in my closet at the hotel and each day I fill it up with the daily replenishment of soaps and shampoos the maid service leaves. I've even taken to the habit of taking the microwave popcorn they provide and stashing that so they bring new everyday. Yes, it's true. Not my proudest moment, but still true.

m2z said...

YOU ARE PATHETIC!

Brent said...

She loves a deal. I actually need to buy mulch this weekend. I think Meijer is having their buy one get 10 bags free sale. They always seem to have that sale every time I need mulch

m2z said...

THIEF!

Brent said...

I prefer the term thrify.

m2z said...

Attention Meijer:

Brent will be purchasing 1 bag of mulch from you and then pulling his vehicle around to load 10 bags into his trunk. He does it every year. Be on the lookout.