6.25.2008

Product UNdorsement

I buy a lot of stuff. It's true. And if you'll look at my profile to the right, you'll see that I am a confessed handbag addict.

I purchased a Coach Ergo bag in October 2007. It was my Anniversary gift. After 8 years (well, always actually) I just buy myself whatever I want for special occassions. My husband was with me, however, which is rare. He's not a shopper.

It was a double special occassion of sorts. Not only was it our 8th wedding anniversary, but I also wanted a brand new bag to carry to my husbands 20 year class reunion. (Yeah, I know, I know.) I chose the Ergo because of it's size, shape, look - and because it was just released the day before I purchased it. I've been lurking in the Coach store since they opened at Westfield Franklin Park. I've had coach bags in the past (I actually just sold 3 of them on Ebay), but I had moved on to other favorite designers like Kate Spade, Allison Burns, Juicy Couture, Marc Jacobs, etc. It's been a long time since I've added a new Coach to my collection.

So, back to the Ergo. The Ergo that is only 8 months old. My son crawled at 8 months. The Ergo...it fell apart.

The famous jacquard fabric of my Ergo has rubbed off. I inspected the entire bag for other signs of wear and there really aren't any. I am careful not to set it on the floor (except at work, but it's on carpet), and I always hang it off my chair when in a restaurant. It's often packed with snacks, cars & trucks, diapers & wipes and a sippy cup.

I'm a bit puzzled by the wear of the fabric, so after further thought, I put it on my shoulder and looked at it. I discovered that the wear patch is where the bag touches the side of my body. So, the fabric is wearing off where it is worn.
I plan to visit the Coach store during my lunch. They will make it right. Because the last thing they want is to "wrong" a confessed handbag addict.

No comments: