6.05.2008

It's in the jeans

Jeans. They're essential, right? I love jeans. Pre-Boy I used to wear Gap jeans. They were my favorite fit. The "longs" were the perfect length. They were my go-to jeans. I also loved my Christopher Blue jeans. They were expensive. And I loved them. There was one thing...one nagging little thing that I didn't like about all my jeans though. The butt gap. You know what I'm talking about. Because jeans are cut so low now, and it took manufacturers much longer than necessary to figure out that the back of the jean could not be as low as the front of the jean, when you bend over...um, your bum shows.

This butt gap may not be an issue for every woman out there, but certainly on my 6' frame, it's an issue. It was an issue on my pre-baby frame, and it's an even bigger issue on my post-baby-more-junk-in-the-trunk frame.

Now, I'm not saying I want to wear "mom jeans"...but some bum coverage is essential.

I recently found a pair of Levi's Curvy Fit. They are "contoured"...which means the waist band in back is higher than the front. What a concept. I love these jeans. (I bought them, of course). Then I happened upon a pair of Lee denim capris. I'm not a big fan of Lee jeans...I guess because I've always thought of them as cheap, and "workwear". But, I guess when you think about it, Blue Jeans were originially intended for factory workers.

Well, I saw the tag and it said "comfort waistband". Ok. Clearly, I'm getting old. I was drawn to a comfort waistband. Nonetheless, I grabbed a pair and tried them on. Guess what. They ARE COMFORTABLE. And they do not gap. AND, bonus points, you can't tell they have a "comfort waistband" from the outside. It's just a band of elastic around the inside of the waistband that simply lets the jeans move with you instead of against you. (IE: butt gap)

And, yes, they were cheap. Motherhood is changing me.

No comments: