6.04.2008

Product Testimonials

Ok, so why not give props? I'm a shop-a-holic. I admit that. 2 recent purchases have left me full of excitement....so much that I must boast about them.

Product #1: FitFlops! (http://www.thefitflop.com/) I cannot say enough about how much I love these shoes! I am a shoe addict. But, I honestly have no interest in wearing any other shoe. These shoes are supposed to give you a workout with every step, due to something called a "microwobbleboard technology". I read tons of reviews before purchasing (they are nearly $50 per pair - yes, for flip flops) and was very excited to see that people were not only getting a workout, but also stated that they no longer felt certain pains in their joints.

I played softball in my early and mid 20s. I was catcher. Sometime during my softball days I hurt my back. I've had pretty consistent lower back pain since. I've been to chiropractors, massage therapists, etc. And while the pain is managable, it is still very much there. I also have a 30 lb kid who likes to be carried and/or picked up 50 times per day which does nothing for back pain. So, mid 20s...let's just say I've had lower back pain for about 15 years.

8 years ago, I twisted my ankle chasing one of our cats around our apartment (he likes to be chased). My ankle never healed properly and has always been sore and swollen. For 8 years.

Enter FitFlops. I got them last Friday. I immediately put them on. The first thing I notice is how wonderfully comfortable they are. There's a little tightness on the right foot strap, but I know this will stretch out. At the end of the day...I was wondering why my butt and thigh muscles were sore. Duh. FitFlops.

On the second day, I notice that my butt, thighs and calves are sore (not painful, just sore muscles as if I had been to the gym recently).

3rd day...I notice that my back doesn't hurt. WHAT? Are you serious?

Yes.

My.Back.Does.Not.Hurt.

And then it dawns on me that my ANKLE doesn't hurt either. Coincidence? Who knows. Just in my head? Perhaps. But, I look at my ankle and guess what. Not swollen either. No pain. No swelling. What is going on here?

I also notice that when I do not have these FitFlops on at home in the evening...that my ankle hurts, it swells up, and my back hurts. Hmmm.

I LOVE FITFLOPS! Thank you BH&G magazine for featuring them.

Product #2 (&3): Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +. (http://www.makeupforever.com/) Shine controlling, oil free, water resistent, complete coverage liquid foundation.

and Make Up For Ever High Definition Microfinish Powder. 100% mineral silica powder.

Not only does this stuff stay on, but it seems to conceal my imperfections (aka acne and wrinkles) better than anything I have ever tried. Evah.

Oh...and my face. It feels like SILK.

So, thank you pretty little girl at Sephora with the cute bob (much cuter than Katie Cruise's) who looked 19 but said she was 28, for recommending Make Up For Ever to a much older blemished make-up counter dummy.

I am happy...from head to toe!

No comments: