6.22.2008

I can't handle a 3rd

So, when things happen in 3s, is it all the same "type" of things, or just terrible things in general?

So, Friday night, a friend of ours calls to tell us that his stepdad died. This man was only a stepdad in the way that he wasn't his biological father. He was his dad in every other sense of the word. He was a great guy and very close with his stepkids. He has been sick for several years and just recently got pneumonia, which ended up taking his life. What a sad sad time.

Two friends have lost their fathers in the past week. I'm sick. I'm just damn sick about it.

So, when is the 3rd bomb going to drop? I hope there isn't a 3rd. I can't handle a 3rd.

I went to the OBGYN on Friday. How did I know that he wouldn't remove the Mirena then and there? He didn't try to talk me out of it, but he did say that he wanted to get me back in for an ultrasound to see if maybe it is not in the right position as he has never heard of all of the symptoms I described as being related to the Mirena. I'm sure they have to report this kind of stuff from the makers of Mirena, so they are probably required to do some testing. If it has moved, it will have to be removed anyway as it isn't doing what it was intended to do (and causing all of my issues), and if it has not moved he will remove it anyway, per my wishes.

So, while he's in there looking around I suppose I will find out if there are any other problems. I've always sort of figured there was, or will be, something wrong (geesh, hypochondriac much?). I have a family history - both sides - of ovarian cancer and cervical cancer. So, I'm scared. But, at least I will know. And at least the Mirena will be gone.

I'm also nervous that I will not get "better" after the Mirena is removed. I'm nervous that I am stuck with the "crazies" forever. Ack.

**EDIT: I absolutely did not intend to discount the passing of our friend's mom in May. I do hope that, including her passing, the 3s are over.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Big believer in things happening in threes here. #3 in a series of bad things at our house - the fire. Enough said.