10.13.2008

Corn Stalks and whatnot

Hubby was off all weekend, so we decided to have some family fun. Grandma and Grandpa (daddy's parents) came over Saturday and we headed to Monroe to check out Farmer Charley's. We went for a hay ride, pet some goats, ran thru corn mazes & the pumpkin patch, played in the toddler area and tried to go for a train ride - but the conductor was no where to be found for about 5 minutes. The boy was over it. The boy really thought the corn maze was a blast as Daddy ran ahead and hid around the corner. The boy had a great time trying to find Daddy, and tried, several times, to make his own path thru the corn.

Sunday we headed over to a friends house to play with their [almost] 5 year old. The boy had a great time. After his nap, we headed to dinner - El Camino, the boy's favorite place - with Grandma and Grandpa (mommy's parents), and then they came over to play afterwards.

Oh, did I forget to mention that we went to El Camino on Saturday night as well. Pathetic, yes. Delicious, yes.

I am definitely sick. I have that same sinus garbage I've had about 4 or 5 times this year. Starts with a dry, scratchy throat and sinus pressure. Then along comes the sinus drainage down the back of the throat and the overall feeling of being run over by a truck. Yippee.

I was heading up the basement steps, after putting clothes in the washer, and saw that the boy was heading down the steps. Our basement is gross. Yucky, old, dirty, gross basement. I NEVER let the boy come down there. Never. Over-protect much? Yes. Anyway, I started up the steps, scooped him up and started to carry him back up the steps. My slipper slipped and I nearly fell - but was able to set him down on the landing. I ushered him up the steps and felt pain as I climbed the rest of the steps. My foot was sore all day yesterday and throbbing throughout the night. Today...it's black/blue and swollen and I can barely put any pressure on it. I think I may have broken my big toe! ACK.

Good times. Good times. Sick & broken...days before vacation.

No comments: