10.09.2008

Snake! I like Snakes!

My husband brought home this tube from his brothers construction business. He thought it would be a good toy for the boy. I was like...are you kidding me? Get that thing out of the house. Well, he didn't get it out of the house, and the boy does love playing with it. Monday night, the boy crawled in it and hubby picked it up and started swinging it around. See below... So, last night, I asked the boy what he wanted to be for Halloween. Since mommy doesn't particularly like Halloween, we've never really talked about it, so he really has no clue. So, I tried to explain the whole costume thing and then starting making suggestions as to what he could dress up as. He shot down most of my suggestions (Fireman, Police Man, Mail Man, Kitty, Puppy, Dinosaur, Bob The Builder, Scooby Doo, Shaggy, a tiger, turtle, bear, bug, Thomas The Train [or Thomas the Tank Engine, as he calls him], dragon, Elmo, horse, on and on and on), but as we were watching Bob The Builder last night...he said "Mommy, I wanna be Wendy for Halloween". Um, ok. I have no problem with that.

I was prepared to try and find a Wendy costume online today, but when I asked him this morning what he wanted to be for Halloween, he said "Ummmmm. I dunno." So, I started making suggestions again and he interrupted me when I was listing off different animals and said "Snake! I like Snakes! I want to be a Snake!". So...ok, a snake.

Do I start looking for a snake costume? Or, do I continue to ask him for a few more days? Should I just take him to a Halloween store and see what happens?

2 comments:

Brent said...

Ask everyday, he'll decide once he gets the concept. At all costs if you can avoid taking him to the store, do so. He'll want to be everything! Next year he can pick out his own, but this year should just be his idea and mommy makes it happen. (3 nephews of experience)

m2z said...

It dawned on me that he has batman pajamas with a cape...I think he's going to be batman. :)