10.06.2008

Here and There

So, last Friday was AHS' homecoming. Typically, I could care less about homecoming and especially football. But, since I missed my 20 year class reunion this past summer, I was very excited to go to the game and catch up with some old classmates. A few of us were in charge of getting donations for baskets to raffle in the alumni tent to earn money for our class. We ended up with over $800 worth of donated items & money. Everyone really pitched in. Sadly though, we only made $198 on raffle tickets. It's better than nothing, but not better than the class ahead of us. Urgh.

Hubby was working, so I brought the boy to the game with me. Grandma was working in the alumni tent for the first half of the game and then I worked the second half. I had to try and entertain that little monster for over an hour - when all I really wanted to do was visit with old friends. In an effort to try and keep him in his stroller (which he fought almost the entire time) I fed him a hot dog and 3 (yes THREE) full size donuts. He kept saying "I want a white one mommy! I want a white donut!" I did not give him a white one...only plain ones. So, half way thru the 3rd donut he was bouncing out of his skin and could not - COULD NOT - sit in the stroller anymore and was causing a scene. So, I let him get out.

It was chilly Friday night. Mommy was sweating her arse off running up and down the hills at the stadium. That little boy had so much energy. I was a sweaty pig. Finally grandma was done working and took him home. Whew.

Had a great time visiting with old friends at the game and then at the Barley House after. Picked the boy up at midnight, he had only been sleeping for an hour and half (too much sugar perhaps?). I tried my best to gently move him from his bed to the car. He woke up. And remained awake and chatting my ear off the entire ride home. We got home around 1am. He went right to sleep. And so did I...that's like 3+ hours past my bedtime! He woke at 8:30am! ICK! Saturday was exhausting.

So, 10 days from today, we leave for Niagara Falls/Buffalo. I'm seriously thinking of just winging this trip. I mean, there is a ton of stuff to do and I don't think I need to plan out every minute of every day like I usually do. It's a little weird for me but I almost sorta "forget" that we are going until I look at the calendar.

I really need to get rid of some crap at our house. I have a TON of clothing and shoes to give away and a TON of designer shoes and handbags to try to sell on Ebay. I need this clutter out of my life. It's making me crazy.

I think I may need medication for Compulsive Shopping Disorder. I spent most of the morning at work looking for winter boots. HELP ME. (I did not, surprisingly, purchase any)

No comments: