10.08.2008

Tricky

Those scales. I tell ya. They are tricky.

So, 2 weeks ago - my weigh in just after the boy had been sick was not good. I was up around 2 lbs. It didn't make much sense to me. I guess I really did nothing but sit on the couch with him for 3 days straight, and crammed food in my mouth when I had 30 seconds to myself. But, I wasn't eating bad food.

I used my "no weigh in pass" the following week because I felt like I have completely fallen off the wagon. I've only journaled 1 or 2 times in the past 2 weeks and just feel terrible for letting myself get so out of control.

So, today was the day. The dreaded scale day. I decided I had to face the music. After {ahem} having a little visitor arrive this morning, I was doubly terrified of the scale.

Oddly enough, I lost .6 lbs. I am in shock. I even ate out 3 times in the past week (I *rarely* eat out), and had a couple beers (and I even more [less?] rarely drink). Odd. Very odd.

So, I feel pretty focused. I just ate my 4 pt lunch and am still sort of hungry and may eat my breakfast that I didn't eat this morning because I don't eat before weigh ins. I'm gonna do this. I am going to get this weight off. As mentioned in yesterday's post, there are 2 (actually, 3 now) items I really want. I am going to force myself to work for them.

One of the members who joined the same day as me has lost 12 lbs. That is supposed to be ME!

Anyway...on to other trickery. What the heck should my son be for Halloween? I am NOT a Halloween person (I actually do not like Halloween at all) and could care less if we participate, but I feel like a bad parent if we don't. What to do, what to do? ARGH.

No comments: