9.07.2008

All Boy (& A Pretty Little Girl Too)

So, we went to a family reunion today in Adrian. It was held at Heritage Park. I was a little nervous at first, because I didn't remember there being a jungle gym/play area there and was concerned..."what the heck are we going to do with this kid for a few hours?"

Well, we weren't disappointed, there was a wonderful jungle gym thingy, larger than most I've seen here in T-town. It was awesome. And the boy had a great time playing on it. He can scale a ladder like he's been doing it all his life, and they had a rock wall too, and he scaled it like a pro! There's also the face first sliding he likes to do...this kid is fearless.

But, none of this pales in comparison to what we found about a couple hundred yards away. The people who maintain the park live on site and have a barn full of all sorts of things boys love. We saw tractors, trailers, lawnmowers, miscellaneous farm equipment, so on and so forth.

He rolled the thing above down a big hill and back up again (well, daddy had to help). What a great time! And yes, the tongue is always out when he's working hard.

Tonight after his bath, I was helping him put his jammies on and I asked him if he was my best boy. "Nope. I'm a girl." Hmm. I asked if he was sure. He said "No, I'm a baby". I told him he sure was a big baby. He then said "Yep".

No comments: