9.05.2008

Gustav, Hanna, Ike?

I'm not sure which of these rolled through T-Town yesterday, but it poured...for about a half hour and then sort of rained off and on for another hour. We haven't had rain here since early July.

I was thankful to get this rain (and also, obviously, thankful we live in Ohio and not on the coast)...I'm tired of watering our lawn every day. But it was drying up like a slug does when you pour salt on it.

The boy and I were out exploring after the rain. Checking out all the puddles, the sticks that had fallen off the trees, the new critters crawling around. Whoa...let me back up and tell this cute little story before I go any further. I let him jump in a couple puddles on the way to the car when I picked him up from the sitter, and as we're driving home, he looks at his shoes and says to me: "Look Mommy, I'm dirty in my two shoes!". This kid. Cracks.Me.Up.

Ok, on with the story. He discovered that his pool (which has been turned upside down in the back yard for a week or so) had a puddle in it.

Next thing I know, he is in the puddle. Jumping up and down like a mad-man. Bouncing off the inflated edges and sliding into the puddle.

He was soaked. He was filthy. He had THEE BEST TIME EVAH!

The fun never stops.

No comments: