9.01.2008

Labor Day



My normal boring existence was filled with fun activities this weekend. My husband was off ALL WEEKEND and MONDAY! We went to the Toledo Zoo on Saturday and again on Sunday. You see, on Saturday, we never made it past the Africa side of the zoo (the west side of the trail). We never walked over the sky walk. We rode the carousel - over and over and over again - and went on the train too! We spent some time in the misters - because it was hotter than hell (if you ask me, anyway), and spent a lot of time running in and out of the Polar Bear exhibit. So, on Sunday we entered through the back entrance (Broadway) and spent a lot of time in the Aquarium before heading over to the playground and then a few minutes checking out the monkeys.

And Sunday evening headed to the Toledo Botanical Gardens so the boy could run run run!

He was exhausted, and slept until 9:30 am on Monday....that's 13 1/2 hours! Monday morning after we got around, we headed up to the lake to visit (& play with) friends. I'm not a big fan of the water - and will not wear a bathing suit in front of anyone - so the boy hasn't spent much time at the lake. He ran into the crashing waves like he was born to do so.
We had a great weekend. It's nice having my husband around. I miss him.
**I was so engrossed in writing this that I burned the 'points friendly' potato soup I was making for lunch tomorrow. It's scorched, the house is full of smoke and my soup (& probably pan) are ruined. Do I try again? Argh. PS: I have no idea what is going on with the spacing on this blog but it's not my fault.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Take it from experience. Never leave the stove unattended.