9.29.2008

Bus Face



We went to the Clinton Fall Festival yesterday (Clinton MI). We took a shuttle from the parking lot to the festival and back. This was the look on his face the entire time we were on the bus. I call this "Bus Face".

So, he was as thrilled as can be to ride the bus. But, not so thrilled to ride in his stroller. It was a constant battle. And I did get him out a couple times. He will walk & hold my hand for a while and then want me to carry him. Well...darn it...he's heavy. Too heavy to carry around all over the place - especially in the sweltering heat of yesterday. (It was HOT in Clinton, anyway) So, after carrying him for 5-10 minutes, I would plop him back in the stroller. He would fight, get out and walk, end up being carried...repeat.

The parade started at 2:30. He is usually napping at 2:30 (from about 1pm to 3:30pm +), so I'm sure you can imagine how exciting the parade was. We had a great seat - in the Subway driveway apron. He loved seeing the fire trucks, the horses, the Shriner's little cars and motorcycles and the bands. He could have cared less about half of the parade (the longest parade in the history of parades) though. And during that time, he would battle to get away from me, insist upon sitting in a pile of dirt and digging, and then pouring the dirt on me.

I know it's because he missed his nap. And because he's 2. He is typically a really good boy and a total joy to be around, but when he's cranked up...I just find it miserable. I told my parents (who was with us) and my husband (who was home sleeping because he's on night shift) to remind me of this day the next time I decide it's OK for the boy to miss his nap.

It's not going to happen people. Not going to happen.

2 comments:

Brent said...

I distinctly recall you saying before little Z was born that you hated little boy clothes because it was all about bugs and dump trucks. And what do I see little Z in? A dump truck T-shirt! And he looks damn adorable in it, that smile is pricelss!

m2z said...

Ok. Well. A lot has changed since "before z". I had every intention of dressing him cute and stylish every day. Then reality hit. First of all...he learned that there was such a thing as a shirt with a truck on it (so now he has 20 of them) and second...he is filthy (he's 100% boy) all the time. Those cute ralph lauren polo's I bought him a couple months ago...stained beyond repair. And, you are right, he does look darn adorable in the dump truck tshirt. And the bulldozer, and digger, and semi, and crane, and tractor...