9.24.2008

The Boy & The Weight

Just a couple quick updates. The boy seems to be doing better. Daddy stayed home with him yesterday and told me that they played, they went for a bike ride, he ate the following: 2 scooby doo graham crackers, 2 bites of ramen noodles, 1 top of a blueberry muffin, 4 marshmallows, and drank a half jug of NutriPals. He said he didn't sleep much all day, and wasn't clingy at all. He has had an adversion to Daddy touching him since he's been sick though.

So, I got home from work and he's ok for about an hour or so. I made him some cheese ravioli's. One of his most favorite things. He usually eats about 20 (yes, 20 - they are about the size of a silver dollar), so I made 20. He ate 9. I think that's pretty good. Shortly after dinner he started getting whiney/clingy and all he wanted to do is sit on my lap. I think he's playing me. He's a playa.

This morning was much of the same...whiney/clingy. I felt absolutely terrible taking him to the sitter and he cried crocodile tears when I walked out the door. I told the sitter to call if she thinks I should come get him. There weren't any other kids there yet, so I'm sure he will be totally distracted and will be fine once they arrive...but it still breaks my heart.

And he's SO SKINNY! I can't believe it. I hope these steroids kick in and make him hungry hungry hungry! I miss my boy who eats as much as a grown up!

So, my 4th weigh in was this afternoon. Pretty much a bummer. Must be I spent too much time worrying about the boy and not enough time worrying about what I was putting into my mouth. I honestly didn't eat much for 3 days, and don't think that I overate. But, I certainly didn't get any exercise, and my stomach is a mess. I'm up 2 lbs. Oh well. Onward. It will come off next week...and then some (I hope).

But, I wonder...why can't I get the croup?

No comments: