9.04.2008

This spuds for you (me)


The little cuties pictured here are the inspiration for the points friendly potato soup that I scorched on Monday.
It's hard to tell from the photo, but they are just a hair bigger than a cherry tomato! They are so incredibly cute.
I was craving some soup, and thought I would try to come up with something. Here's the recipe (I really never ever measure anything when I cook, so the quantities are a guess - for the most part):
5.4 ounces of potatoes (2 points and = to about 10-13 little potatoes)
about 3 cups of water
3 chicken bullion cubes
about 1/2 onion - or however much you like
a spoonful of crushed garlic
about a 1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/3 cup of instant potato flakes (2 pts)
A dash (or 6) of crushed red pepper
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Sautee onion and garlic until carmelized. Boil potatoes (leave them whole...they're so cute, and bite size) w/bullion cubes, red pepper and pepper. Once potatos are soft, add onions, garlic and peas. Boil for a few minutes until peas are no longer frozen. Remove from heat, stir in potato flakes to thicken.
It's REALLY REALLY good...and only 4 points for the entire pot! YUM!
**Again - I have no idea what is going on with the spacing. It's not me.

No comments: